How May I Know Jesus?
Receiving Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior is the most important thing you or anyone else can ever do.
This decision has to be made by each individual personally.
If you have never asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins and come into your heart and save you, you are still lost and need to be saved. A Christian is a person who has been forgiven of his or her sins and Jesus Christ lives in that person’s heart.
To become a Christian a person must (1) believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, and that he died on the cross, was buried and rose from the dead, and that all people who repent of their sins will receive eternal life, and (2) ask Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of your life.
Romans 3:23..”For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Romans 6:23..”For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
John 3:16..”For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosover believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
How Can I Have a Relationship With Jesus?
The Bible teaches that starting your relationship with Jesus depends on two things:
That you accept that Jesus is Master, King, Owner (or Lord) of your whole life
That you believe that God raised Jesus from the dead
Everyone has done something wrong. The Bible term for doing wrong is “sin.” No one likes to be told this, but everyone is a sinner. If you’ve done just one wrong thing in your life, you are a sinner. This is really bad news because the Bible teaches that sin separates us from God and there is no way that we can do enough good to please God and earn our way to eternal life.
Jesus is God Who became one of us. He lived a perfect (sinless) life. He voluntarily paid the price for our sin so that we can have an eternal relationship with God. By accepting Him as Lord (Owner) of your life and surrendering everything to Him, you start your relationship with Him. By having a relationship with Jesus, God puts His Holy Spirit in you to guide you, to encourage you, to teach you, and to correct you when you go wrong. Salvation, or eternal life, is the free gift of God. You cannot earn it. You just have to accept it by surrendering your whole life to Him
The Rest of Your Life
Living for Jesus is not a checklist of “do’s and don’ts.” It is a passionate desire to do the things He teaches. It is a life-long pursuit of allowing Him to transform you into the being He originally created in you. This is called discipleship, the process of learning how to be a Christ-follower.
Your decision to follow Jesus unconditionally is the greatest decision you will ever make. It not only affects life here, but also your eternity. Here are some things you can do right away to grow your relationship with Jesus.
• Start reading the Bible every day. A great place to start is the Book of John. This will start your journey of Bible knowledge, the foundation of discipleship.
• Start praying every day. Pray for God to guide you as you begin to live for Jesus. Prayer is conversation with God, and a growing relationship requires communication.
• Connect with a small group or Sunday School class. Getting involved with other Christ-followers will help you grow in your walk with the Lord.
• Tell someone you know about your decision to accept the fact that Jesus is your Master.
• Attend worship in a local church every Sunday. Joining a church and getting involved in God’s work on earth will encourage you to find your unique calling and place of serving others. We hope you will consider worshiping with us every Sunday.